I'm linking up again this year with the Ultimate Blog Party! Wahoo! I'm excited to get connected with so many new peeps. I hope you'll pull up a chair and stay a while, click a few links and get to know me a bit.
I was trying to figure out the best posts to share in this little *intro-like* post for new friends, but I came up with too many.
So I figured I'd give you a few random things about me and see if that keeps you. Then you can click around to find out more if you want.
* I'm a mom to a 5-year-old girl who starts Kindergarten in August. Ack!
* I experienced pretty intense anxiety during my pregnancy, which carried over to PPA. I am a huge advocate for postpartum mood related education and support. It's important to me that moms everywhere know they are not alone. My own anxiety issues were minimal compared to many, but they impacted me enough to know that it's critical to have a support system in place and remember you CAN talk to others because they will understand. Opening up about this on the web has been an amazing experience and an eye-opener which has introduced me to some incredible and powerful women, who happen to be amazing moms, as well.
* I am a native New Yorker (as in the city, not just the state) who doesn't drive and moved to NC in 2006 (approaching the 6 year mark) and I STILL don't drive. YET.
* I love reading, writing and lots of somewhat junky television. I also love not so junky television. I'm addicted to my DVR.
* I'm also addicted to iced chai lattes. Preferably from Starbucks. I love my sweet tea, but have been cutting back on it drastically as I'm trying to actually lose weight this year. My initial goal was to lose 12 lbs over 12 months, and I'm happy to say that I've already achieved that. Since January. Hallelujah.
* My Keurig now has me addicted to flavored coffees. And creamers. This does not help my weight loss efforts in any way at all. But I have been known to fill a cup of iced coffee and find it the next day, still unfinished. THAT I like. Reducing calories that way is a good thing.
* Also, I've just started running. Well, sort of just. I started Couch To 5K in January and am stuck in Week 5 (I did do the first week like 3-4x, though). I'm working my way through it and even if I don't advance enough, I still make it my business to work out at least 3-4x a week. YES, A WEEK. That's incredible for someone like me - I can promise you that.
* I write. Not just blog, but I like to write fiction, too. I have a few stories going on here you might enjoy. Or not. No pressure.
* I miss my family, a good slice of pizza and hot, fresh bagels on the weekends. I also miss my very best friend and my college peeps so much. But I'm surviving. And maintaining contact. And hanging on. Or in. Or whatever you call it.
* Today is my tenth wedding anniversary. I love my husband so much and feel that I don't seem to tell him that enough. Maybe when our daughter is 20 we'll be able to find time to spend together again. Le sigh. Or maybe we'll find a babysitter before then.
So, if you like what you've read and want to stick around, please do. I feel I've said enough that I won't bombard you with links right now. Just click around through my various topics if you'd like and lemme know what you think. Hope to chat soon. Cheers!
p.s. Yes, that is a How I Met Your Mother calendar hanging up between some collages of my little one at age one. And my beverage is a Moscato from FlipFlop Wines. That I blessed so I could drink it for Passover Seder. L'Chaim!