10. Oh, wait, she asked for nine. Why is it that we always think we're supposed to start a list with ten when counting backwards?
9. My puppies. Good lord these dogs are adorable. Wanna see?
8. The cats. We have four. I'll never ever get them in a picture together because the days of them even getting that close to one another when they aren't eating are long gone. But for the most part they make me quite happy.
7. Chocolate. 'Nuff said, no?
6. Music. Pretty much all kinds but the kind I can truly sing my heart out to and pretend that *I* sound like Carly Rose Sonenclar? Yeah, those rock. (If you do not know who she is how are we friends? And yes, I did have to look up the spelling of her last name.)
5. Dancing. Sometimes my kiddo and I just waltz around the kitchen and living room and pretend we're contestants on SYTYCD. (Seriously? Are we really friends?) See ...
... This was after (during?) our decorating-fest while we listened to Pandora's Chanukah station. You love it, right?
4. My family. Mom, Dad, brother, sis-in-law, nieces, nephew, BIL, ILs. Extended family and friends who are like family. Joy. Period. End of sentence.
3. A cup of coffee or tea and a good book.
2. Chanukah and Christmas. Christmas and Chanukah. We celebrate both. Both holidays bring our family joy. We can do both in a way that our traditions and celebrations continue as the years go by. My daughter can learn the Hebrew blessings AND hang candy canes on our Christmas tree. Because.
1. My husband and my daughter. I need not say more.
Happy Holidays, everyone. May your season be filled with blessings, love and joy. And lots of yummy treats!