I'm linking up with Mamakatslosinit this week and picked one of her prompts (because I saw it over at my friend Rachel's 'hood and knew I had to do it!) to use for this post:
Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.
Now, if you've been reading me for a while you might know some of the things I am about to mention, but forgive me, sometimes it's hard to be creative and new!
* 5 things YOU don’t know about ME *
1. I used to be able to tie a cherry stem with my tongue (it's been a while but I'd like to think I still could if prompted!). Truth.
2. I have been parasailing. Alone. In the sky. Yes. Yes, I have.
3. Most of the people I have dated [and the one I subsequently married] have been men I met at work.
4. The first concert my husband and I went to together was Bare Naked Ladies.
5. My favorite movie is Dirty Dancing. It is one of a handful of flicks I can and will watch every single time it appears on my television. And quote. Dodgeball is another. (Oops. Ssh. Don't tell anyone!)
* 5 things I'm knowledgeable about *
1. General Hospital. Go on. Ask me anything.
2. The '86 Mets. The World Series that year. Nothing better.
3. New York City. This includes the other boroughs, although not necessarily all of them. (I'm lookin' at you, Bronx and Staten Island!)
4. Pizza. Fer realz, yo. I mean, I AM from New York and all.
5. Matters of the heart. I just am. That's who I am.
* 5 things I know nothing about *
1. Bacon. Unless it's turkey I've got nothing.
2. Geography. I suck at it, people. Plain and simple.
3. Physics. Say what?
4. College basketball. Gasp. I know. I live in the Triangle. It's horrible. I figure I'll learn when my daughter attends a college in town.
5. Snow cream. Despite living here for so many years, each year I hear about it and just don't get it. It's not something we Northern girls do back home. Seriously. How does that work, again? Fresh clean snow. Vanilla? Something like that? Yeah - okay. I'll stick with Edy's or Ben and Jerry's.
* 5 things I believe *
1. That a person's heart can feel so full that they think it might explode.
2. That cancer sucks so royally and some day there will be a cure. I also believe that the cure will come in my daughter's lifetime - if not my own. (But I seriously hope I live to see the day.)
3. That I have been truly blessed to have the most amazing parents. 'Nuff said.
4. That my brother and sister-in-law are two of the most important people in my life.
5. That I do not have to be a size two, six or ten to be a beautiful woman. I am already there - despite or because of my current size. And the size of my heart and soul are what matter more than that of my body.
Thanks for listening, everyone. And if you shared your lists, I'd love to see them. I haven't caught up with all of the linkers yet over at Mama Kat's.