* My nails are growing like crazy. I finally took my polish off and am letting them breathe. They're doing well. I probably just jinxed myself, but still. Growth is good.
* My very favorite ice cream place is now open for the summer and we went last night. I'm a huge vanilla fan, but I love love love their chocolate shakes. I had one, and it was in a red Solo cup.
* Which is a song I enjoy now and then.
* And makes me think of Glee.
* Which I am a few episodes behind in watching, but I will get there. Eventually. That's what summer is for, right? And the DVR.
* I'm a non-closeted pop-country song fan. I like some old school country, but the newer stuff? Yep.
* Blake Shelton, for one. I'm so excited to go see him in concert in August. Yahoo!
* I watched the tribute to Oklahoma the other night. Lots of country stuff. Hootie was on! He sang one of his new-ish country songs. And then yesterday I heard him on the radio and he was a blowfish again. And singing 'Let Her Cry,' which I love and flashed me back to when I saw them in concert, back in 1996, maybe ...? Wow. Long long time ago.
* American Pie is an earworm that will stick with you for a longggg time.
* As is Maroon 5's Payphone.
* Is factoid a word? It seems like it is or should be. I like it. So I'm using it.
* We went out on the lake every day of the weekend. Friday evening, Saturday, and today. Today was a daytime cruise. We had breakfast on the boat. Yesterday we had some friends join us and the kiddo loved hanging with one of her best buds.
* Sunscreen needs to be applied on the backs of one shoulders, especially near the edges of tank tops.
* Pringles makes a honey mustard chip. It's interestingly yummy.
* We went for BBQ today, but I just realized that they didn't have hush puppies. They did have awesome mac-n-cheese, though. And I got fried okra, but dang, it was salty.
* I started reading Inferno yesterday. Dan Brown's latest. I hope I find myself sucked into it. I need that kind of read right now.
* I owe you all a bunch of reviews. I'm trying to catch up but I do this to myself every year at this time. It's that pre-summer I want to read ALL.THE.BOOKS and then I start trying to and it just sneaks up on me and I'm not done with all I want to be done!
* I'm addicted to taking pictures. Did you not guess that already? I took a bunch out on the lake this weekend, trying to capture that perfect moment ... or two ... or ten.
* Here are a few of what I got so far. We'll see how the summer goes. I've got plenty of time.
* And Vitamin D is a good thing. For you. Your kids. Your spouse. Everyone. Just be sure to use your sunscreen.
* It's amazing how beautiful Mother Nature can be, and yet, how terrifying. We got home the other night after the most still and peaceful boat ride and I turned on the TV to find out about pending tornadoes on Oklahoma. Again. I wish for safer days for those in the area, and wish for Mama Nature to go take a nap. A good one. A calm one. An uninterrupted one.
I hope your weekend was a great one, my friends. And I'll catch you later in the week. Hopefully with one or two of those book reviews ...
Off to figure out if we actually need to eat dinner or if our late lunch was enough. Hey - there's always Pringles!