And yet, here I am. Day one of a new month and I'm inspired to write.
I even started writing this in my head. I think.
Anyway, welcome to December!
In honor of the twelfth month of the year I thought I'd give you a list of twelve.
Twelve what? you ask ... I'm not sure yet. Just twelve.
Things about me. Things I've done this morning. Things I do every day. General things.
Here you have it. My twelve.
10. I have listened to Taylor Swift's Blank Space about 550 times since I downloaded the entire album a few short weeks ago. It's easily my favorite song. However, I've also likely listened to the entire album 550 times, as well. You just get sucked in. Trust me. 1989. It's where it's at.
9. On any given morning I probably let my dogs in and out about 957 times. Give or take.
8. I go through stages where I constantly keep my nails pretty and polished. Addicted to polish. And then I get to the point where I am right now. Where I just sit here and have short, plain, unpolished nails. I kind of like them both ways, though, so that's good.
7. I seriously just started counting this list down from number TEN. Ten. I did say twelve. But I guess I'll just have to give you guys two bonus pieces of information at the end. Because I'm lazy and not renumbering.
6. Yesterday I read The Big Book of Parenting Tweets and it was hilarious. The quotes in this book covered pretty much everything you've ever thought or wanted to say if you're a parent. Absolute stocking stuffer for any mom or dad with a kid over age two. Anyone else might be terrified of their future. Oh, and yourself. Buy it and read it. And hold onto it for future giggles.
5. Right now I'm spending about an hour or two looking for snow boots online for my daughter. I don't know that she'll need them, but like the snow pants I bought her, we're headed North at some point and they should come in handy - right?
4. I'm going to see Taylor Swift in June. I hope I'm not tired of her music by then. See number 10 above.
3. My next book is going to be Jodi Picoult's new book. I'm excited. It's not here yet so I started reading something else last night. More on that later. I love to read. Did you not know that about me yet?
2. I'm trying to raise money to support Shot@Life. It's not working, but I need to get on promoting it more. If you're looking to make a donation before year's end - it's tax-deductible - and an important cause. Check it out, please?
1. This isn't really number one because I owe you guys two more. TWELVE, remember? Sigh.
It's almost Girl Scout Cookie selling time again. Counting down. It's really a good month away, but we leaders and cookie moms and the like have to get our initial order numbers in. This year - like last - cookies will be on-hand for your convenience. Ehem. Let's see how that goes!
Okay, now, the bonus two. These should be BIG, right? Because they're bonus. Not because I started counting backwards from ten instead of twelve. Le sigh.
Bonus number 1.
I think I might dye some of my hair purple again before the holidays. I'd love to have it stick around longer, so maybe I'll take steps to make that happen. We'll see. What do you think?
Bonus number 2.
Ah. I got nothing. Total let down, isn't it?
Okay - here you go - I'm still looking for guest posters here. I'm hoping to spotlight a few in the coming weeks, especially over the holidays when I probably won't be writing. So yeah, want in? Email me a post of any sort. New stuff. Link me up to some old stuff. Whatever you want to share. I want you here. Preferably people I know, honestly, but if we've communicated at all? Shoot me a line. Let's talk. I'm open to chatting!
* Some links in this post are affiliate links. They will help me get my next Chestnut Praline latte at Starbucks. And if you haven't tried that yet? YOU MUST.
Also, head on over to Starbucks ... and check out their stocking stuffer ideas. Because - cute - and who wouldn't want something from Starbucks in their stocking or under (Or ON) the tree this year?