So I'm making a list of some I want to read in 2012, that are not a part of my review list. I have some interesting sounding reads lined up for the first quarter of the new year, but I am hopeful that I can also fit in a few reads I have had waiting for me for way too long.
Here are a few:
* Little Bee, Chris Cleave
* Sing You Home, Jodi Picoult
* Say You're One of Them, Uwem Akpan
* The Invisible Bridge, Julie Orringer
* Pretty in Plaid and * My Fair Lazy, Jen Lancaster
* Lime Tree Can't Bear Orange, Amanda Smyth
* Winter Garden, Kristin Hannah
* The Forgotten Garden, Kate Morton
* Cinderella Ate My Daughter, Peggy Orenstein (waiting for review copy)
* Father of the Rain, Lily King
* Left Neglected, Lisa Genova
* Dirt is Good for you, Babble.com editors
* The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, Alan Bradley (need to buy or borrow for book club)
* Bossypants, Tina Fey (waiting to buy paperback)
So obviously I wrote part of this a few weeks before the end of the year -because Room was one of the last books I read in 2011. And I read it in like a day! It was incredible. Absolutely amazing. But in my typical fashion of wanting to cross things off my lists, I'll leave it there. Fortunately, many of these books are already in my home, so I don't have to buy too many this year. Let's see how that works. I should give myself a book budget. Oh my - I think I might actually be onto something. Hmmn. I could never do a read all you have before you buy another book because it'll take me forever and a week to read what I have. But it might still be money-saving if I try to read like 5 books before I can buy one. Because I really want to buy Bossypants when it comes out in paperback. I love me some Tina Fey. Let's add that to the list!
How about you? What's on tap for your reading pleasure this coming year? Have you made a goal of how many books you want to read? I hope to hit 70 this year. We'll see how I do.