I've done these before and was planning to simply do a copy and paste from one of my old ones, but I thought I'd do a holiday version this time around. I'm also linking up with Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop today, as this was prompt #1 this week.
You Know You're THIS Mom When ...
* Your DVR includes several or quite possibly all (I'm not saying mine does. But I'm not saying it doesn't) of the following:
- Beethoven's Christmas
- Phineas and Ferb S'Winter episode (possibly twice)
- Dora helps Swiper get off the naughty list movie (NocheBuena, NocheBuena)
- Several random episodes of Charlie Brown that are Christmas related
- Santa Buddies
- Good Luck, Charlie one hour holiday movie (Charlie's getting a baby brother or sister! Good luck, Charlie!)
- The Princess Kissed the frog (renamed by a 4-year-old)
* You can recite the words to those last two by heart.
* Your holiday DVDs now include:
- Santa Paws
- Yes, Virginia - There is a Santa Claus - cartoon version
- Curious George loves the snow - or something of that nature
- I'm sure there are more I just can't think of them now. I'm still waiting to watch Love, Actually this year!
* You stand guard over the Chanukah candles to make sure little breaths don't blow them out.
* And little fingers don't touch them!
* Every single present in your home is not wrapped. [Oh, wait, is that just me?]
* And hiding in the garage or in your closet. [Again - just me?]
* Every night you swear to yourself you're going to open that bottle of mulled wine and warm some up. But then bedtime takes hours and you never make it downstairs again.
* Your tree is covered with as many candy canes as ornaments.
* You just finished your holiday cards - oh - YESTERDAY. Or was it the day before? Happy new year cards it is!
* There's no greater joy than enjoying the holidays through the eyes of your child. Except maybe sleeping in a few mornings this week. Or next. I'm not picky. Actually, an early bedtime would rock even more. Starting to wish I sent my own letter to Santa. Maybe that's tomorrow's blog post.
Happy Chanukah! Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! Happy Kwanzaa!
xoxo -- me