Monday, May 17, 2010
My 100 Books for 2010!
So some of you may know that I have been tracking my books for this year for a challenge with my fellow TriangleMommies that we're doing over at Goodreads.com. Too lazy to link that, if you don't know what it is check out my bookshelf on the right-hand side of my blog!
Anyway, I found this challenge again, I think it's the same host as last year, so I figured what the heck, I'll post the info, and link up, and eventually track all my books for 2010 on there, aside from on my shelf. Make sense? Good -- let's roll!
Here are the "rules" for the 100 books challenge:
1. The goal is to read 100 or more books. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.
What doesn't count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible.
3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Books started before the 1st do not count.
6. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post where your books will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.
And then here's the link to go and sign yourself up!
And my list so far:
1. The Bright Side of Disaster, Katherine Center
2. How Starbucks Saved My Life, Michael Gates Gill
3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
4. The Good Body, Eve Ensler
5. Things I Want my Daughters to Know, Elizabeth Noble
6. 1003 Great Things About Moms, Lisa Birnbach, Ann Hodgman and Patricia Marx
7. The Beach House, Jane Green
8. Project Daddy, Kate Perry
9. Til We Eat Again, Confessions of a Diet Dropout, Judy Gruen
10. Glory Days, Irene Peterson
11. The Bright Forever, Lee Martin
12. Why We Suck, Dr. Denis Leary
13. Confessions Of A Slacker Wife, Muffy Mead-Ferro
14. Confessions Of A Slacker Mom, Muffy Mead-Ferro
15. When you Eat at the Refrigerator Pull Up a Chair, Geneen Roth
16. No Dress Rehearsal, Marian Keyes
17. You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning, Celia Rivenbark
18. Knit Two, Kate Jacobs
19. On Folly Beach, Karen White
20. Our Promised Land, Michael T. Darkow
21. Inconsolable: How I Threw My Mental Health Out With the Diapers, Marrit Ingman
22. The Accidental Mother, Rowan Coleman
23. Jane Austen Ruined My Life, Beth Pattillo
24. Skinny is Overrated, Dr. Danielle Milano
25. Saving Max, Antoinette van Heugten
26. The Imperfect Mom, Therese J. Borchard
27. Never Let You Go, Erin Healy
28. The Help, Kathryn Stockett
29. The Second Nine Months, Vicki Glembocki
30. The Girl Who Chased the Moon, Sarah Addison Allen
31. Deep Dish, Mary Kay Andrews
32. The No-Cry Potty Training Solution, Elizabeth Pantley
33. Freedom's Call, John Walker
34. Best Friends Forever, Jennifer Weiner
35. The Pocket Therapist, Therese J. Borchard
36. Seven Year Switch, Claire Cook
37. Healing With Words: A Writer's Cancer Journey, Diana M. Raab
38. My Summer of Southern Discomfort, Stephanie Gayle
39. Please Excuse My Daughter, Julie Klam
40. Gerry Tales, Gerry Boylan
41. Between Sisters, Kirstin Hannah
42. Spooky Little Girl, Laurie Notaro
43. This Little Mommy Stayed Home, Samantha Wilde
44. To Your Dog's Health! Mark Poveromo
45. Handle With Care, Jodi Picoult
46. The Ice Cream Theory, Steff Deschenes
47. Men and Dogs, Katie Crouch
48. The Truth About Delilah Blue, Tish Cohen
49. What's Up Down There? Lissa Rankin
50. The Twisted Path Home, Fae Bidgoli
51. Shelter Me, Juliette Fay
52. Pieces of Happily Ever After, Irene Zutell
53. A Secret Kept, Tatiana de Rosnay54. Driving Sideways, Jess Riley
55. Girl Time, Laura Jensen Walker
56. The Price of Revenge, Dennis Vaughan
57. You're Not The Boss of Me, Erika Shickel
58. The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown
59. Not Tonight Honey, Wait Til I'm a Size Six, Susan Reinhardt